Cura using massive amounts of memory

WillsWorld

Posted · Cura using massive amounts of memory

we have a UM3E here at work and I have noticed Cura starts to use a lot of memory. My original computer only had 4gb of ram and once Cura got up to 2.7gb of ram, my computer would crawl.

I now have a completely new computer with 16gb of ram and left cura open for a few hours and it shot up to over 12gb of ram!

Anyone else experience this?

My theory is that it is the camera. I noticed that over time the video feed file grows and grows and grows. Maybe a possible fix would be to have cura create a new video feed file every few minutes to limit its size.

I connect to the printer over the network. It is wired in via ethernet. I found the video file on the network and i could watch the file size constantly grow.

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Cura using massive amounts of memory

Im OP, for some reason I couldnt log back into that account. I upgraded to 3.03 and seems to have solved the issue. It has gotten high (a littlbe over 1 gb) but nothing like it was before. It' been open now for an hour and id hovering at about 800 mb. Much more reasonable now I think. Tahnks.