Netstructure when printing walls around corners.

InMyMind

Posted · Netstructure when printing walls around corners.

I tried printing the wing of the Stearman provided by 3DLabprint, but I keep having this problem.145d92a6-1028-4fbd-8cad-eafacd72e914.thumb.jpg.e6ce7b5af79b67567d84ea11cd389515.jpg

I am using Cura, but it also appears when using other slicers.

I´ve printed several 3DLabprint planes before, but never had this issue.

I am using a Creality cr-10.

145d92a6-1028-4fbd-8cad-eafacd72e914.thumb.jpg.e6ce7b5af79b67567d84ea11cd389515.jpg

What is your nozzle width, shell width, line width, inner line width, outer line width, layer height and print speed? Please answer all of these as any one of these values being off can create what I see in the photo above.

By the way this is called "underextrusion".

It looks like you are doing very thin one pass shell width. I recommend 2 passes. So if your nozzle is .4mm make the line width .35 to .4mm and the shell width exactly double this (.7mm to .8mm).

Hmm. Another thought - is the thickness of the wall part of the model? I was assuming this was a "solid model" but now I think maybe the thickness of the shell is controlled in the model itself. Please check the thickness in a few places along that leading edge curve - if that is not exactly equal to twice your line width it would do just what we see in the photo.

If you don't have the ability to examine stl files accurately you could upload it somewhere and post a link to the stl file for this print (please don't post a link to a location that has a dozen stl files - we need to know which file - the more work you make it for us, the less motivated we will be to help).

Posted (edited) · Netstructure when printing walls around corners.

What is your nozzle width, shell width, line width, inner line width, outer line width, layer height and print speed?

My nozzle width is 0.4mm, the shell width is also 0.4, line width is 0.4, I tried 0.35 but it just got way worse. The wall has to be only 1 layer thick because of the weight. Layer height  is 0.15, but i tried everything from 0.1 to 0.2. Print speed did not make any difference, I also tried every possible speed.

The stl-file is a closed model, which is printed without top/bottom layers. The thickness is not a part of the model.

Edited by Guest

If the thickness is not part of the model why does it seem I see some kind of ribbing inside? Is that a different print? That ribbing is certainly not a standard infill pattern, lol.

Every possible speed? Did you try 20mm/sec? You can tweak this in the TUNE menu - change the feedrate % to 50% or 25% while it's printing a few layers to see if that helps. You can also increase the flow to 150% or 200%. That looks like about half the normal extrusion.

So .4mm shell is quite thin. I know you want it light weight but I think you should consider going for .6mm - ideally with a .6mm nozzle but this will work with a .4mm nozzle if you print it slow enough. Set shell and line width to .6.

I'm still having trouble believing this is a sold model and that it isn't printed in two passes like a loop. If you enable infill does it print a criss cross infill all throughout the inside of the wing? Are you forced to set infill to 0% to get this to work?