Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
SphaeroX

XY Dimensions to scale down without affecting holes?

Hi, I have the problem that my outer dimensions are always about 0.2mm too big. The Z-measurement and holes actually fit.

Can I somehow change the size of my X and Y outside dimensions? When I scale them in Cura, my holes don't fit anymore. The one with the outer dimensions is not due to protruding edges, that's what I got to grips with in the meantime.

I have also tried to play with the nozzle diameter and many other things, everything didn't help. I also know that it is not possible to print 100% accurately, but I would rather have the outside dimensions a little smaller.

There is a feature, "horizontal expansion" that can be negative. If positive it makes the part bigger on the outer dimensions but also makes the holes smaller.

You could combine an overall scaling of the part with horizontal expansion to control just outer dimensions, just inner dimensions or any combination of the two.

However, I wonder why your outer dimensions are typically .2mm too big. That is VERY unusual. Usually if anything the part is a bit small. Unless you are counting the very first layer? You can control horizontal expansion on the first layer only. In fact I usually set that to negative half the nozzle diameter or typically -.2mm.

If you mean the entire part is too big then I suspect you don't have a UM and you need to calibrate your X and Y axes more carefully.

• Like 1