Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
t-squareddesign

Transporting your Ultimaker

Hi everyone,

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I have to drive out of town to my family's house to a family reunion, and if I go, I will need to bring my 3D printer with me so I can get some parts made in time for my deadline with my client on Monday at noon.

What is the best and most secure way to transport your 3D printer? Should I put it all back in the box? Are any zip ties required to hold the extruder in place?

last time I needed to transport my UM2 I used the original, box and used cable ties to secure the print head from moving also I removed the bowden tube. The only other thought is to ensure nothing can move (or fall) on to the print bed glass - you also could remove it.

Edited by Guest

when you are moving and have lots of stuff cramped together, I would go for the box/zip ties thing. When you have lots of space in your car, just put it in the trunk/front- or backseat (use the safety belts to keep it in place)