Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rebekah_harper

3DSolex locked out

Hiya,

Just been trying to print with my 3D solex hardcore and it gives me a message saying incompatible.

I then have to override it via cura connect but it seems to override everything including the the xy offset.

I changed the offset by +2 and -2 with no change.

What have you done with the firmware that doesn’t allow third party cores?

It’s a big issue for me as I need it desperately to work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rebekah Anderson.

You should be able to downgrade the firmware using the old files

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/52037-downloading-old-um3-firmware-where?page=last#reply-193156

Download tar and sig (signature) and follow the usb update instructions

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/23129-updating-firmware

I don’t have a um3 anymore but in theory that’s how to do it

I would agree with you there but when the print is offest by 2mm in the Y axis in the same direction. regardless of the offset within the calibration menu. I set it both to +2 and -2 and no change. I did do the calibration print and it was meant to be -2.

so if it's not that then what could it be? it used to be fine but since firmware upgrade it's been like this. having said this it was only last night that I needed to use the hardcore so I hadn't noticed it.

I don't think it would override the x and y offset, this is saved on the core eeprom, overriding is not a problem, it's just that the firmware doesnt detect the core as an aa or bb core

Offsets are saved on a temporal folder on the olimex. They can be removed by restore factory or going ssh and swimming into that