Hello Folks!

druckpunkt3d

Posted · Hello Folks!

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself a little bit.

My name is Sven Bruns, 41yr old and I'm living with my family in the northwest of germany nearby Oldenburg. I've started my 3D printing experience 5 years ago with a little reprap to create some small test objects for the company I'd worked that time. The little reprap had to leave and the company decided to buy a leapfrog creatr, because they wanted me to print some larger objects. A few month ago I decided to (try to) earn a little money with my passion for rapid prototyping, so I founded a little one man company called "druckpunkt3d". (you will find my also on facebook, instagram ????) My first own printer was a Raise3d N2 Plus, but finally this was not the best decision... This printer drives me really crazy, approx 85% of all prints failed. Two times I send it back to renew a cuple of parts but this takes no effort. So I decided to say goodby to a very large print area and switched to an Ultimaker 3 Extended. It arrived yesterday I think this weekend I will do nothing else than print print print...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @druckpunkt3d , welcome to our (new) community and thank you for the introduction.

I must have overlooked your post previously. Sounds like you already had quite a 3D printing journey. What are you mostly printing for your business? 

I'm curious to hear how the Ultimaker 3 is working for you. And if you have any questions, this is the place :) 

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Hello Folks!

hey druckpunkt3d,

would be very interested in your findings/impressions regarding the UM3e as a successor for an Raise3D N2 - because I did have the same "journey" so far.

I have bought a Raise3D N2 in October 2017 but did have nothing but trouble with it. It has also been returned for rework but came back with other defects.

The worst thing was that Raise3D refused to replace the bad machine so they left me with no choice but to demand return for refund.

Very strange business acumen and a real pity cause the concept/build of the Raise3D was looking promising "from a distance".

But with the quality issues they have and the way they handle defects - I'll stay away from that company in the future.

Currently I am looking for a replacement and the Ultimaker 3 Extended is a hot candidate.

The other alternative might be a BCN3D Sigma or Sigmax.

So please share your experience with the UM3e.

Is it faster/slower/noisier than the Raise3D?

What about the print quality?

Posted · Hello Folks!
    2 hours ago, Bossler said:

kmanstudios,

so how are your experiences with the UM3e?

Regarding Raise3D - due to my own experience with them I am not an evangelist for them (anymore).

I love my machine, I have now been printing for one year, 24/7, now with very little down time.

Almost all issues can be traced to user error.

I backed off the N2Plus because when I asked about manual leveling, they said it would never need it. I love my tech, but I do not have that much faith that it does not need a nudge here and there.

Posted (edited) · Hello Folks!

"I backed off the N2Plus because when I asked about manual leveling, they said it would never need it. I love my tech, but I do not have that much faith that it does not need a nudge here and there."

You actually would not need it, if you can tolerate height differences of around 0.1mm across the print bed -
    that was what I did see at the print bed of my R3D N2 ...

And boy, I did level it. And boy, this was a longer operation since I had to find that it was not only a setting issue of the bed leveling screws but the glass plate itself was not completely even. So tuning the plate was not eliminating the uneven surface... 

Edited by Bossler

Posted (edited) · Hello Folks!

Well, just to shows youse how much I love my UM3X, I just ordered a new one today. Yes, a bouncing baby sibling for its older compatriot. I did not even hesitate on what to get. After the order, I did look at other machines, but I did not regret in the smallest amount. :) The UM stork should be flying by in about a week to deliver :p

Edited by kmanstudios
    • Like 1