Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
BobSaget

Z-hop during infill

Sorry if this is and old issue but numerous searches have not found the answer.

Seems like most people complain about retraction and or Z-hop during infill slowing down the print but I have a delta printer and I really really need Z-hop to happen during travel moves over infill. Sometimes the nozzle drags thru already printed infill lines hard enough to cause a layer shift.

As near as I can tell, Z-hop only happens during travel with retraction.

Have not been able to turn on retraction during infill but I don't really need retraction, I just need Z-hop. Z-hop with or without retraction during infill travel would be just fine.

Z-hop during retraction is working fine but I need it to happen during infill also.

Have not been able to figure out how to make this happen with version 3.0.4 or 3.1.0

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!