Issue with latest firmware (downloaded and installed Dec18)

The_Rob

Posted · Issue with latest firmware (downloaded and installed Dec18)

Hey,

I think I found something not right in the latest firmware for UM3 and UM3E, when I'm doing the XY calibration print, after the first part is done, PC1 is kept at 175 degrees.

When the second part is done as well, the screen shows "Cooling printcores", which can be aborted. There the PC1 is still kept at 175, whilst PC2 is being cooled down to something less than 100° or whatever.

I don't know if this is supposed to be that way, thought I should tell you.

Posted (edited) · Issue with latest firmware (downloaded and installed Dec18)

I used the firmware on this link, the version is simply called "latest".

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/23129-updating-firmware

On first sight I didn't see any information inside the file to easily check the version either.

I installed it via USB on an UM3 extended and two UM3. Everything else is working fine.

I didn't know it was in any way necessary, to check if an UM3 is compatible to the newest UM3 firmware.

If you're talking about wether I really used the UM3 firmware and not e.g. for UM2, I just checked, that the file on the link seems to be the same like the one I used. (checked by filesize)

Edited by The_Rob
    added further explanation

There aren't different types of firmware for the UM3s and you wouldn't be able to install UM2 firmware on it, so no, you don't have to check compatibility in that sense. What type of printer it is (UM3, UM3 Extended) is stored on the printer in a memory location that isn't touched by the firmware update as far as I know (which is why the Olimex board has two different SKUs rather than one).

I haven't done a calibration in a long time because I'm a terrible person that ignores that warning most of the time :) But no, that doesn't sound like expected behaviour.

Whenever I did the calibration before, the changes were usually in a rang of +-2, which is 0.2 mm I guess. So I also stopped doing it and still had good results.

But I was running one print where I could easily see that the calibration was absolutely wrong.

So I did the calibration.

Result: x to -9 and y to 9.5