Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Corlin

How to clean burnt on PVA from BB Core Nozzle

The BB Core prints fine and has not clogged.  Overall I have been very happy at how well everything has worked out after doing about 10 prints, mostly using PVA supports.  

Any suggestion on how to clean the nozzle base of the burnt on PVA?  Heating it up and scraping it off or maybe soaking in water? I am thinking about making a stand to hold the core so the nozzle sits in a reservoir of water to try to dissolve the PVA over time.  

PVA.jpg

Heat and scrape. The burned part is just carbon from the humidity boiling out a bit. I would avoid water just because it is connected to an electronics panel and I would wind up dropping it in somehow.

You can do a fine rinse with alcohol once you have most of it burned off by putting some isopropyl on a paper towel or something to wipe it clean.

The internal is where you have to really watch it and do hot pulls and cold pulls to get the burned parts out or you will clog for sure inside.

• Like 1