Cura 3.1 Curaslicer has stopped functioning

wrek

Posted · Cura 3.1 Curaslicer has stopped functioning

Curamaker 3.1.0

Last night I sliced fine

This morning curamaker started crashing every time it tried slicing the model.

I have no idea what has updated or changed since last night. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

Cura 3.0.4 seems to function fine so I've switched to that.

This is the problem I keep having. The program hangs, it doesn't "crash" so it's not creating any logs that I'm aware of.  Is there a log location that I'm not finding???

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Cura creates logs, whether it crashes or not. In Cura go to Help -> Show configuration folder. In the folder that opens, there will be a (large) Cura.log file. That's the log @nallath is talking about.

Thanks, I was looking for the log location. The windows application logs weren't helpful.  If I get back to 3.1 anytime soon, I'll get those logs but for now I just wanna print ;)

Sorry for hijacking your thread wrek...

What's the best way to submit logs? Through email, forum, or direct messages?

Preferably on github, as that's the place where we get all of them, but sending them directly (provided that you also include a proper bug report that includes things like your system, what were you doing, what did yo expect was going to happen, what actually happend)

On 1/8/2018 at 11:08 PM, wrek said:

If I get back to 3.1 anytime soon, I'll get those logs but for now I just wanna print ;)

Even if you uninstalled 3.1, you can still get at the logs that it created.

Open the start menu and start typing %APPDATA%\cura\3.1 (and press enter). The cura.log file is in the folder that opens.