Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Thomllama

Spinning beach ball with Cura 2 & 3

I noticed this happening some in Cura 2.X versions, but now with version 3 it's to the point where Cura is literally unusable. :/ sad as it's my preferred slicer. I'm seeing posts of others where it's crashing and such, or just hanging. Seems to not be just a Mac or Windows thing either and both sides I see posts for.  anyone have a clue?  is there something we can do quickly or at least temp to cure this issue s we can continue to slice with it?  I got kinda frustrated during the recording if you can't tell...

here is a link to a video I quickly recorded to show what exactly it's doing... 

Edited by Thomllama

1 hour ago, nallath said:

I know it's not the best answer to give, but we're aware of it and trying to fix it. Can't make any guarantees as to when we will be able to get it as we don't know what's causing it (yet).

Well, at least you're being honest. I kicked back to 2.6 and it's at least usable. If I can be any help let me know. Not super geeky, but nor am I clueless either soooo... guessing you already know, but it does generally spike both processors every time. 

1 hour ago, Thomllama said:

.??? I'm guessing you mean close easy tab?   Umm then you can't adjust them. 

I mean, folding in the categories like "Shell" and "Infill", then adjust some setting. It is useful to know if it impacts the responsiveness. I've tested it on some machines, but I haven't seen the slowliness myself yet.

I haven't tried it with my Macbook, but with my Windows machine, disconnecting from the network enabled it to work like a champ. You could give that a try to get your settings right, reconnect and send to the printer.  If you haven't already gone into the plugins menu for customizing Cura and deselecting Octoprint, I would do so, as it made a substantial difference for me.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:19 AM, msurunner said:

I haven't tried it with my Macbook, but with my Windows machine, disconnecting from the network enabled it to work like a champ. You could give that a try to get your settings right, reconnect and send to the printer.  If you haven't already gone into the plugins menu for customizing Cura and deselecting Octoprint, I would do so, as it made a substantial difference for me.

I wish it were that simple for me.

On 1/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, msurunner said:

ya, like Furdterguson, that doesn't help... Sad, I really want to play with some of the new experimental stuff. :/