Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Dave F

Print icon not showing in Cura

Brand new to Cura and 3D printing so please forgive the basic questions!

Opened Cura and loaded a .STL from Thingiverse.  File loaded fine but no "Print" icon appeared.  Went to File-Print but the printer didn't respond.  I also created a simple object on TinkerCad but got the same result in Cura.  Other objects I downloaded from Thingiverse printed with no problem.  What am I doing wrong?  Using a PrintrBot Play printer.

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks for the quick replies!!

When I fired up Cura this evening, it walked me through the configuration wizard like a brand new install (I have version 15.04.4 now).  I modified a few settings per my PrintrBot documentation and then loaded the model file I first had problems with.  Everything loaded fine and it is printing as I'm typing.  Go figure!  I am printing via USB cable (no Wifi capability on this printer) but I will try using the micro SD card at some point.

Thanks for the help!  I'll keep working with it.

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave F said:

Thanks for the quick replies!!

When I fired up Cura this evening, it walked me through the configuration wizard like a brand new install (I have version 15.04.4 now).  I modified a few settings per my PrintrBot documentation and then loaded the model file I first had problems with.  Everything loaded fine and it is printing as I'm typing.  Go figure!  I am printing via USB cable (no Wifi capability on this printer) but I will try using the micro SD card at some point.

Thanks for the help!  I'll keep working with it.

Dave

:+1::+1: It is all a learning curve....we all been there and some of us are still there to a degree or two....