Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
4saken

First print errors

Hi. Im new to the 3D printing world. Ive just finished building my first 3d printer, Tevo Tarantula.

Everything seems to be working fine, but the print quality is really poor. Any thoughts how to improve these "imperfections"?. It has like these holes all over the print, and the top layer seems to vanish completely. Any ideas?

Thanks

(Im using PLA that came with the printer. Hotend 200°C, Bed 60°C. Layer height 0.1)

20180206_200143.jpg

20180206_200155.jpg

Hi,

which slicer did you use to prepare the print? If it was Cura, then activate the "layer view" with the switcher in the top right and check how the model would be printed. To me this print looks like the other shell has been left out.

5a7a2d2363792_ScreenShot2018-02-06at23_32_40.thumb.png.9fb9a95987e1c4ae4b2fa31d5802a22b.png

4 minutes ago, Nicolinux said:

Hi,

which slicer did you use to prepare the print? If it was Cura, then activate the "layer view" with the switcher in the top right and check how the model would be printed. To me this print looks like the other shell has been left out.

Hello,

Yes i did use Cura.

When i checked the layer view, it showed me the model with shell.

But it indeed looks like it printed out without a shell. I printed another object and it did the same thing.

How can i fix this issue?

Thanks alot.

Not sure what happens there. Maybe the hotend is not reporting the right temperature and the printer has a hard time extruding consistently. Just to rule out a missing shell, select another infill type - something distinctive that would look different so we can tell if is the infill or a badly printed shell.