Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
appletart76

2nd extruder activating during print

I have an UM3 and I don't use the 2nd extruder often, but I just noticed that during my print (of a single color print) my UM3 acted like it was changing materials (when it goes in the corner and starts to extrude) then did a lap around the skirt, then changed back to extruder 1 and kept on printing.  Anyone know what that's about?  Is that normal and have I just never noticed it before?

I am using Cura 3.1 and Extruder 1 is set for the build plate adhesion.  Hence why I'm confused.  It did it like after about 30 min into the print.  Just very weird.  I think it did it yesterday too because I was finding these burnt pieces on my plate like that had fallen off because when Extruder 2 was going the PVA filament was just curling and sticking to the nozzle.

6 hours ago, appletart76 said:

Here's a file I know it did it on.  It seems to happen right after the first layer goes down from Extruder 1 completes, then it switches to 2 for some reason, does a pass around the skirt then goes back to 1 and keeps on printing.

It's tries to print a skirt with the second extruder.

I see that support is enabled (but apparently not needed?)), which one is the "Support Extruder"?

• Like 1