How to use CFG. files in Cura (mark 2 upgrade)

CCA1

Posted · How to use CFG. files in Cura (mark 2 upgrade)

I finally got my computer and running with a new hard drive and am excited to get back to printing. Newest version of Cura is installed and running. (3.2.1) I am also running the Mark 2 upgrade. I see in the "Resources" folder there is another folder called "quality". Inside that folder there are many Mark2 files that end in .cfg   How does one go about using these files? I would like to start using PVA and saw that it looked like these were printing profiles that would possibly have good starting parameters for me to use, but I have no way of knowing how to utilize them? I checked all the "import" options inside Cura and non ask for a .cfg file and so when I try to import them anywhere it says wrong file type.

Thanks,

- Jason

• gr5 changed the title to How to use CFG. files in Cura (mark 2 upgrade)
    Posted (edited) · How to use CFG. files in Cura (mark 2 upgrade)

Thanks!

I was wondering if it was only for Mark2 because I believe that folder is there before the Mark2 upgrade stuff? (I didn't put it there.) It also has other Ultimaker .cfg files/folders as well.

Edited by CCA1

56 minutes ago, gr5 said:

Nope - i'm lost... :)

@CCA1  you wrote "Resources" - that's in the Cura program folder on your harddrive, right? Wait... doesn't matter: there are no predefined .cfg files in the Mark2 definition files.

If one creates a custom profile in Cura, it will get this extension, but those are not stored in the program folder, but in the config folder of the current user. And the config folder has no subfolder "Resources"...? I must admit, that I've only experiences with the Windows version of Cura, it seems to me that you're talking about something completely different....

How about one or another screenshot? That could be helpful....

Anyone?

Well... you said you made a fresh install of Cura on a new hard drive and this subfolder appeared by magic - through no fault of one's own...?

Whatever: i doubt that Cura has interactive import or export functions for these kind of files.

I have no clue, where these files come from or how Cura assigns settings from there, sorry.

Posted (edited) · How to use CFG. files in Cura (mark 2 upgrade)

Thanks for the attempt Tinkergnome. I will try to explain better in case someone else can chime in...

Cura 3.2.1 has a folder inside it called "resources"

Inside that they have a folder called "quality"

The Mark 2 updates have nothing to do with this folder. They only use :

Definitions

Extruders

images

scripts

variants

So that leads me to believe the folder "Quality" is there for everyone. Inside this folder are many different folders, along with a small handful of .cfg files not in a folder. Each folder contains many different .cfg files. One of the folders is called "Ultimaker 2_mark2"  I did not put this folder there, and do not know where it would have come from if not everyone has it? Even if everyone else only has the OTHER folders, my question remains the same....

How do you implement these .cfg files?

I hope this clears things up. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,

- Jason

Edited by CCA1

anyone else?

Nobody knows how to use these config files? Just double checking before I go straight to Ultimaker for support.