Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Kirbs

UM2 popping noise when printing rafts

That sounds very familiar.  I think you have the black feeder on your ultimaker and it's skipping backwards.  Watch the feeder while this noise happens - you should see it jerk back.  It's not going to damage your printer.

The problem is you might get some underextrusion for a few seconds afterwards.  If so you can fix this whole problem by moving the bed a little farther from the glass so you aren't squishing so much.  I'm not a big fan of that solution because then the part won't stick as well.  

You could also raise the temp a bit on the bottom layer.  Or get a more powerful feeder (like the meduza feeder ($19 USD in my store in USA/canada - thegr5store.com), the bondtech feeder (much more than $100), or the plus upgrade from ultimaker (around $400 I think USD).

Or you could make the bottom layer 0.1mm thick instead of the default which is around .3mm thick.  That's a good option as well.