Cura 3.2.1 Temperature control?

MarauderX

Posted · Cura 3.2.1 Temperature control?

I am used to controlling and troubleshooting printers with the controls that come as a part of the software to run & test the machines.  With Cura 3.2.1 it seems the ability to control & monitor temperature has been left out - am I missing something?  I'd like to monitor the sensors, heating element, speed, and changes over time if possible.

Thanks in advance.

It's not just with Cura 3.2.1 that this was left out, it hasn't been part of Cura for quite some time. This has multiple reasons;

1. USB printing / streaming, which was a common way to control printers back in the day, isn't really supported for Ultimakers anymore. A lot of third party machines still require it, but we won't spend a lot of resources to get it running for them. So far, none of the third party manufacturers have stepped up to implement it.
    2. For the UM3 family, we're moving towards a more automatic approach (eg; Cura Connect). In that case it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have such fine-grained controls to change the temperature. You really shouldn't even need it. Do note; the machine does have the ability to be controlled like that, Cura just isn't using it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast response.  Sorry to hear that the detailed controls options are being left behind. 

1. I would have thought having USB to operate 2+ machines at the same time and monitor progress would be an option for the future.  I think HP was aiming to do this in the future, if they aren't already.

2. Automatic is nice for click-&-print; I'm looking for maintenance control, which you should realize is a need to troubleshoot issues no matter the machine.  I realize there are other products out there that can do this however having it all within one package would be more ideal. 

Thanks again -

MX

On 3/19/2018 at 1:24 PM, ahoeben said:

Cura 3.3 will have extruder preheating controls. Extrude/rectract controls are next on my list.

Thank you very much.  Right now, I need to use Cura 15 to fix manually extrude anything.  It will be nice to be able to delete it and use Cura 3.x for everything.

• 1 month later...