Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
cdrose

Ultimaker 3 Android App

Hi,

I have the Ultimaker 3 Android app version 1.0.1 which doesn't connect to my printer. I get the camera preview and when I tap connect it just says it can't connect. Is there any plan on fixing this? Currently have most up to date Ultimaker 3 firmware.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, fbrc8-erin said:

If you try to view the camera in Cura or on your web browser on the computer is it visible?

Is your phone on the same wifi network as the printer?

Yes the Cura connect works on the PC, Cura can connect to the printer to do I can send prints over WiFi. My phone is on the same WiFi ☺️

On 4/7/2018 at 6:26 AM, g.davis said:

Hey! I don't know if anyone is still following this but I found a workaround for this!! It is the NFC. That sounds strange but after months of troubleshooting this exact issue on my Galaxy S8+. It disconnects as soon as the printer recognizes any filament NFC chip.

Select the filament manually and see if that works for you. It works for me immediately.  Firmware updates only seem to fix it for me temporarily.

Hey, I just saw this duplicate thread over in firmware and wanted to pass on what I have found...

Actually, when the NFC filament was detected, we did find a bug related to it, but this was solved months ago. So not sure why this pops up.

It would be helpful to get some logs (from app) when this problem occurs.

2 hours ago, Marco_TvM said:

Actually, when the NFC filament was detected, we did find a bug related to it, but this was solved months ago. So not sure why this pops up.

It would be helpful to get some logs (from app) when this problem occurs.

I will try and see what I can put together. I just reinstalled the app. I do my best to keep everything updated so not sure why it popped up again, I have Oreo on my phone. Not sure if that effects anything.