Weird... cura 13.6.3 not preparing at all! (MacOX)

idan-shem-tov

Posted · Weird... cura 13.6.3 not preparing at all! (MacOX)

now after I finally installed the new cura 13.6.3

when Im trying to add models,

nothing really happens...!!

there is no Autoslicing and of course no more prepare button..

when I change the view to "Layers" the model disappears..!

I tried to uninstall many times also with leftover scanners like Appdelete and Cleanmymac

hope I can get help..

thanks!

Yeah, I recognize this problem. I also work on a Mac and I think it has something to do with the fact that on Mac OS not all the screens are shown sometimes. As long as one parameter has not been filled in yet, Cura doesn't start slicing. For instance, if you backspace the layerheight and you don't set a value for it, Cura doesn't slice.

So, I think that in a 'hidden' window you still have an undefined parameter. This escpecially happens with the dropdown menu for selecting the support!! This dropdown menu acts like it is a different screen and doesn't show up all the time. So then it looks like everything is filled in properly but in fact the dropdown menu is still in it's 'select your choice'-state.

You can 'fix' this by clicking on the Cura logo down in the programsmenu. Then it should show all the screens.

Yeah, I recognize this problem. I also work on a Mac and I think it has something to do with the fact that on Mac OS not all the screens are shown sometimes. As long as one parameter has not been filled in yet, Cura doesn't start slicing. For instance, if you backspace the layerheight and you don't set a value for it, Cura doesn't slice.

So, I think that in a 'hidden' window you still have an undefined parameter. This escpecially happens with the dropdown menu for selecting the support!! This dropdown menu acts like it is a different screen and doesn't show up all the time. So then it looks like everything is filled in properly but in fact the dropdown menu is still in it's 'select your choice'-state.

You can 'fix' this by clicking on the Cura logo down in the programsmenu. Then it should show all the screens.

thanks for your comment!

I wish it was that simple........!

I always make sure that the dropdown menus are opened and nothing is hidden

its not it.. its more complicated.. I believe there is more leftover files of cura that keep STAYING in my mac and untill I not deleting them it will stay like that...! I'm just not sure which files..

I already tried to deeply UNINSTALL it few times and i still get this problem...! =/

Could you check the following for me. Goto the Cura application in Finder. There click on the Cura app and do "open package contents", then in there goto Contents and then Resources. There click on the CuraEngine and do "show info", could you tell me what it tells at "file type"?

What happens if you try to run this executable in a terminal?

tell me how to do this? Open terminal, and after what should I wrote to go cura directory, and what wrote to run executable.

Oh, I just tried, you can just double click it, this opens a terminal window :-)

Could you check the following for me. Goto the Cura application in Finder. There click on the Cura app and do "open package contents", then in there goto Contents and then Resources. There click on the CuraEngine and do "show info", could you tell me what it tells at "file type"?

Yes. it is an executable unix file and it opens the terminal when I click in it..

anyway, do you have any idea how do I reinstall CLEAN version of cura? because I noticed that after I reinstall CURA, it remembers some settings from the previous version.. even though I deleted every file (I think) related to cura with few tools.

what files needs to be deleted to make my mac FORGET about cura for a second? ;)

by the way, I also tried the new version 13.6.4.. SAME - NO SLICING

Delete the .cura folder in your home directory. It's hidden in the finder, so you'll need to use terminal for that too.

cd

rm -r .cura

Removing that, and trashing the application itself (and emptying the trash) should remove all traces, as far as I know.

Yes. it is an executable unix file and it opens the terminal when I click in it..

anyway, do you have any idea how do I reinstall CLEAN version of cura? because I noticed that after I reinstall CURA, it remembers some settings from the previous version.. even though I deleted every file (I think) related to cura with few tools.

what files needs to be deleted to make my mac FORGET about cura for a second? ;)

by the way, I also tried the new version 13.6.4.. SAME - NO SLICING

There is a .5 version now. Yes, I know, lots of version in a small time. But the Mac I used to build it "changed" because Apple software update ran, which caused issues unknown to me...

Very sad=( Cause Ver.05 all the same. As for me I want to try a new versions, because there you can create support for your models, it is really nice feature. And to switch on/off slicing procedure is good idea, as for me.

Also in all those versions disappear tab with plugins. I saw in version for windows it still in place.

Thank you for respond David,

unfortunately I still unable to get it working... the AUTOSLICE feature and the layers view is not working for me..

I tried to uninstall in many different ways and installing the newest version and still no succes.. just the old version works (13.4)

it is very important for me to make the parts for my business better and stronger by changing the setting and see the results instantly with the layers view.. (without the need to prepare every file 10 times..)

I hope someone can help me solve that issue

There is a .5 version now. Yes, I know, lots of version in a small time. But the Mac I used to build it "changed" because Apple software update ran, which caused issues unknown to me...

I got it to prepare by putting back: G1 F{travel_speed}

that I removed from start.gcode. It is weird that it wouldn't prepare without it though.

Same problem here.

Cura worked for a while, then it stopped slicing. I f I try to save gcode I het a "FAILED TO SAVE" message.

I have deleted the hidden folder with terminal, which has reset the settings, but still not working.

Very frustrating when you need part to get work done...

No solutions yet? I have the same problem and the following has happened to me several times:

I had previous version, asked me to update at startup, I updated and everything was right. After restart, autoslice wont work anymore.

If I reinstall latest version, it will keep not working, but if I install an older one and update, it will work today but not tomorrow if I turn my computer off...

Thanks!

Exactly the same behavior here. It should be easy to correct because it works well at some stage.

Weird, it just happened to me also. Everyhtnig was working fine since june and now it doesn't slice at all anymore, the autoslice-save button is always grey... what should be done in the end ?

Still use ver 13.04

I think I saw someone post that the 'doesn't slice at all on a Mac' issue was fixed when they moved the Cura application directly into their Applications folder (i.e., took it out of the enclosing 'Cura' folder that it comes in). Maybe there's something about the permissions on the enclosing folder that causes issues? Might be worth trying, if someone still has the issue on a Mac.

Could also be the {date} {day} problem, remove those 2 tags from the start.gcode to save yourself some problems.

O crap!=) It start work, after tag were deleted. Thanks a lot Daid!

Works well now !

I have the same problem on Ubuntu 13.04 with Cura 13.06.5 deb package from software.ultimaker.com, and this fix fixed it.