Where is the x axis switch?

Bambo

Posted · Where is the x axis switch?

I switched the fan mounts on my ultimaker 2+. Afterwards it cam with the error for one of the axis switches was broken. I tried pressing the y axis switch and it stopped going that direction, but i dont know where the second is. 

In the back of the printer to the left corner.  There are 2 screws in slots on the top of the machine back there.  With power of push the head around and you should hear it click when the head is on the left edge.  If the fan bracket is hitting the left wall first you might have to bend it back (sometimes the fan bracket gets bent).

Note that the Y axis is hit by the horizontal smaller rod that goes through the print head.  The rod sticks beyond the left sliding block.

The X axis is hit by a block directly I believe.

59 minutes ago, gr5 said:

In the back of the printer to the left corner.  There are 2 screws in slots on the top of the machine back there.  With power of push the head around and you should hear it click when the head is on the left edge.  If the fan bracket is hitting the left wall first you might have to bend it back (sometimes the fan bracket gets bent).

Note that the Y axis is hit by the horizontal smaller rod that goes through the print head.  The rod sticks beyond the left sliding block.

The X axis is hit by a block directly I believe.

I found the problem. I had just installed some new fan ducts and i used washers to tighten it the most i could. The washers hit the y axis rod so it couldnt for all the way to 0 on the x axis. Thanks for the answer either way :)