Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Awesome! E3D tool change movement system with magnet. See how fast it prints with a lightweight extruder... looks like it was inspired by the Mark2 upgrade, just a speculation.

They will be showing this stuff at MRRF that starts tomorrow.

More info:

https://3dprint.com/207521/e3d-tool-changing-3d-printer/

Edited by fergazz
charge to chargeR... on title

All I saw was the extruder moving...and switching tools...not printing...moving it fast is not a big problem...printing fast...as in laying down plastics...without visual artifacts is a problem...and there is nothing about that in this video.

I watched all the videos on this and was one step from pre ordering then sense came to me, all you get is the motion system and tools changer, you have to sort the rest like how to get it all to work with simplify 3d, and they make a statement it sort of works no mention of the firmware, no mention of the heavy scripting needed, .... so yes I like the look but needs a lot more work on it, Software is not there yet... just my thoughts.

13 minutes ago, bob-hepple said:

I watched all the videos on this and was one step from pre ordering then sense came to me, all you get is the motion system and tools changer, you have to sort the rest like how to get it all to work with simplify 3d, and they make a statement it sort of works no mention of the firmware, no mention of the heavy scripting needed, .... so yes I like the look but needs a lot more work on it, Software is not there yet... just my thoughts.

I think the whole frame is included too. It is very much an expert tinkering platform. On their MRRF presentation they were basing their work on the Duet platform and they liked it because of its hardware extensibility and easy native scripting capabilities. It sounded like the only reason they didn't just bundle it is they wanted to leave opportunities for other controller platforms to step up.

I really didn't catch what slicer they used. I think once the Duet is set up, changing tools is just a matter of saying "T1".