Ultimaker (Original) Controller - how to delete that Timeout?

Posted · Ultimaker (Original) Controller - how to delete that Timeout?

Ever since I've had the excellent Ultimaker Controller, I've found it easy to use - except that bl**dy timeout of 15 seconds is driving me spare. I'm perfectly capable of navigating up & down the menus, and can always power of/on if it got stuck. When you're carefully levelling the bed, moving the motors around, tha last thing you need is being pushed back up to the top level, then needing 2 or 3 button-presses & 2 knob-twiddles to get back to where you were 16 seconds ago.

Can someone tell me where to get the source code for this - I'll very gladly rebuild it in I assume the standarf Arduino IDE & reflash it.

I have this revision, acc to "Control" menu:

Ultimaker: _2.6.2

250000_single

Jul 4 2017 16:32:03

Anyone else driven to madness by this damn stupid minuscule timeout? I could understand 5 minutes, but the current value is bonkers.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I might also remove that "safety" lock preventing you extruding unless the nozzle is up to temp; my extruder uses smooth pinch-wheels which cannot grind the filament, so that's another (much smaller) annoyance to be fixed!

47 minutes ago, conny_g said:

Working with UM2 for 2 years, haven’t ever noticed that menu time-out at all.

In UMO and UMO+ is was annoying for me :)

On 31.3.2018 at 2:50 AM, neotko said:

In UMO and UMO+ is was annoying for me :)

Ah, UMO, ok. I think I didn’t realize that late in the night that this was about UMO....