Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
The Dirtdart

Another Shadow Thread

First post, I was using Cura as the slicer from Fusion 360. When update 3.2 hit, I started getting shadows. I read the threads and did not see any new points. completely reinstalled both, drew a simple item...still getting shadows. It is getting frustrating, hope someone can offer some advice. 

I really enjoy the Cura interface and am not all that interested in trying another program. Hope?

Cura.JPG

Fusion 360.JPG

I have had ghost shadows like what he shows. I have noticed it does not seem to as prevalent in the new beta. It just seems like some sorta remnant of the bounding shadow. Being on a multi-nozzle printer, I think 'Print at once' is all I can do.

7 hours ago, ahoeben said:

In the Custom tab, use the search on the top to find Printing Sequence, and set it to All at once.

Thanks! I am not sure how the update changed a default. Out of curiosity, why would that make a difference? Is the program assuming there will be more then one part and allocate space for it? 

This shadow by itself does not do much. When you have multiple models on the builplate printing One at a Time, all models will have a shadow like this and Cura will not let these shadows overlap. If they would overlap, that could cause the printhead to hit a previously printed model.

Hmmm, I checked 3.3 Beta and found nothing like that eve though I disabled the extruder #2.

As per the Blog post.....

" Single extrusion mode. Disable an extruder on the Ultimaker 3 for single extrusion prints. In the right panel, right-click on the desired extruder and select ‘Disable extruder’ to disable it. Re-enable it by right-clicking and selecting ‘enable extruder’. Printing profiles are optimized for the active extruder, as well as global settings, such as build plate temperature, to achieve better print quality.

NoPrintingSequences.thumb.jpg.964c4498936bd1d8f30f9e3cf7569e91.jpg

I followed the above steps and did not get anything like that. Am I doing something wrong? As I mentioned before, this is not in the 3.2 or below versions....

32 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

I can not check it, because i'm not able to get the 3.3 BETA running...

But the setting is called "Print Sequence", the search term "seq" is sufficient to show it up.

In the image I posted, in the custom tab, I used "print sequence" and in this image below, I used 'seq' per your instructions......I get special modes with nothing populated...if I press the gear, I do not see anything else with SEQ in the naming.

Seq.thumb.jpg.4205efc84ccf660e9958baea0f843d4e.jpg