New Cura NOT giving 100% fill density.

barry-crump

Posted · New Cura NOT giving 100% fill density.

My latest print using the new Cura 13.06.5 has be significantly weaker than the older version i was running.

Both the same print, same ABS, same temp, with the same 100% fill density,

and yet the new print is far far weaker in comparison to the old.

Ive noticed that the new version does not do a true 100% fill as the old version of Cura did, and that the lines do not touch (forming a solid object) but instead do more of a 80% fill.

Now all my prints are useless for the task required.

Any reason for this????

The old cura had a feature called "packing density" which was supposed to be I believe a value less than 1 for ABS. The new cura has the same feature but it is inverse and called "flow" I think. You need to take the packing density invert it and store that in flow. For example if packing density was .95 then flow should be approximately 1.05 (more accurately 1/0.95).

iv noitced this as well last night. I was printing a little whistle as a fun present for someone, printed it 100 infill and tried to blow on it after completion.. no chance... the air just came out the top and bottom like wind through grass :-(

• 4 weeks later...

The old cura had a feature called "packing density" which was supposed to be I believe a value less than 1 for ABS. The new cura has the same feature but it is inverse and called "flow" I think. You need to take the packing density invert it and store that in flow. For example if packing density was .95 then flow should be approximately 1.05 (more accurately 1/0.95).

Sorry for the late reply, but I have tried altering the "flow" on the new Cura, but the issue still remains.

I have been using the old version of Cura because of this problem.

What I have noticed is not so much an issue with the fill of the object, but rather an issue with the fill not touching the outer wall, therefore leaving the wall so brittle it simply peals of like a sheet.

an issue with the fill not touching the outer wall

I expert Settings you will find Infill Overlap (%) for this. Though you may have loose short belts or another problem which is causing the infill not to touch the walls.

There are many posts and pictures in this forum regarding this issue.

There are many posts and pictures in this forum regarding this issue.

Look at the picture in this post (the 5 cubes) carefully (zoom way the hell in) and read all the text associated with the pictures:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/1872-some-calibration-photographs/?p=14396

Then read 2 posts below that with the diagram explaining the issue of infill not touching edge.

Look at the picture in this post (the 5 cubes) carefully (zoom way the hell in) and read all the text associated with the pictures:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/1872-some-calibration-photographs/?p=14396

Then read 2 posts below that with the diagram explaining the issue of infill not touching edge.

Thanks George, I was hoping you would chime in.