Avoiding printed parts - dual color

Marcos T

Posted · Avoiding printed parts - dual color

Hello,

As can see in the picture, using dual color, if the noozle do not avoiding printed parts, colors unwanted mix in nozzle ooze getting a bad result,

What can I do to solve this problem using cura 3.3.1?

I already tryed combing no skin without success.

20180428_000641.thumb.jpg.9bd5caf43fafd62179b0e8fef592dfd9.jpg

Tks

• 2 months later...

Is that a brim inside your prime tower, or is it somehow doing 1 material on the inside and the other on the outside of the tower?

Having the same issue and I have also no solution up to now...

Z-hop is a first shot in addition to combing, but my impression is that combing or "stay inside a part" is also not working propperly.

?

Posted (edited) · Avoiding printed parts - dual color
    2 hours ago, drayson said:

Having the same issue and I have also no solution up to now...

Z-hop is a first shot in addition to combing, but my impression is that combing or "stay inside a part" is also not working propperly.

?

Yes... I think the same as I can see the results even trying a lot of configs trying to avoid that problem.

Using single color this issue is a little bit ugly in result but is not expressive like using dual or multi colors does (my picture show how this situation can be expressive to a bad result at all, using dual colors)

Tks to add you reply in this topic.

Edited by Marcos T
    • Thanks 1

The real issue is the printer needs to be aware of the second nozzle in a meaningful sense.

Even so it's hard to eliminate. It's just a challenge with dual nozzle prints.