Cura creates random membranes

Ferik

Posted · Cura creates random membranes

As I try to print five hexagonal towers, Acura seems to insert randomly a thin horizontal wall on some. They seem to be different on every slice, sometimes there are one sometimes two. This was on Cura 3.2.x but I was also able to reproduce on Cura 3.3.1, both times on a Mac.

the resulting print does include that thin wall, on two out of five towers. I thought it had to do with adaptive layers at first but it remained after disabling any beta feature.

517D375D-9F68-400C-9F72-B99DD2F8E2CD.png

62AD4724-43E7-46D3-A120-2C8D615EB8DE.png

five_coarse_pi3mk2_hive_module_v4.3mf

Check the model in X-ray view, it is probably not watertight/manifold.

You can try searching for the "Union overlapping volumes" setting in the sidebar (use that Search... box), and turning it off.

Let us know if there is any red in xray view.  if there is or isn't then we will try to think of another theory.  Also could you move to a layer that shows these extra membranes you are talking about?  I don't see what you mean in the photo.  Also please zoom in (plus key on number pad or I think mouse wheel also works).

Posted (edited) · Cura creates random membranes

When I sliced for my UM3E I got no errors. So it would seem that there is an issue with the Prusa definitions somewhere.

Noproblems.jpg

Edited by kmanstudios