Print Missing Layer

Posted · Print Missing Layer

Every time I try a print, it misses the exactly the same layers, all in the same region. It has been sliced with different settings, and different versions of Cura. Has anyone got any ideas for what could be causing the missing layers?

15264635816777992457130359084825.jpg

Hi and welcome,

What printer is it (you can add that to your profile).

As it's always on the same height it's most probably hardware related and not software (i mean not slicing issue).

Check the Z-Screw or maybe print a simple model (like a cube) to check if the problem occurs at the same height, analyse what is happening.

Thanks very much! 

I'm using a TronXY X1, right now my profile is saying I can't edit it. 

I've tried lubricating the z screw, which made a slight improvement, but didn't fix the issue. 

It seems possible it's underextrusion from watching the print, but I have no idea why it's so localised, or how to fix it.

Hard to say like that because i don't know the TronXY printer

Check anything that could be blocking extrusion or the Z part, if possible make your z go up and down a few times and check if anything seems to block or skip

Maybe you should ask on user groups or facebook pages for the tronxy printers, i'm pretty sure you can find more experienced users there

Okeydoke, shall do. Thanks very much for your help!