VillaScale_model

DanielHolmSweden

Posted · VillaScale_model

Hi guys! I am not completely new in 3D printing, bought my Ultimaker2 couple of years ago and its been unused for a year until now.

What I learned is many things by that and one thing is that open PLA filament ageing! the xy steelarms needed to have some oil but then everything was up and spinning again.

I printing scale model of a new built villa. 33 more to go!

One of them I du in the maximum size printer allows me to. I just drop the parts in Cura and Print. Remember if you have several of parts to print make a reference frame to with each part. otherwise I noticed that scale not will be right. When I split models to create a bigger one I do "tung and groves" They then snap nice together without need glue.

In the staircase it was tricky, but I did holes to put in a piece of filament string, remember do the hole slightly bigger:) Happy printing guys.TracePoints_Stairs.thumb.jpg.58e2a3d043df30339fff9a86028d82f9.jpg

• Like 3

Great project! It looks like the floor on your second photo is under extruded, is it not? You may want to try to make the top layers thicker so the infill doesn't shine through. 

Do you have an example of the blue print drawing you want to lay out on the floor? Sounds interesting!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 3:23 PM, SandervG said:

Great project! It looks like the floor on your second photo is under extruded, is it not? You may want to try to make the top layers thicker so the infill doesn't shine through. 

Do you have an example of the blue print drawing you want to lay out on the floor? Sounds interesting!

Your are right its under extruded, doesent matter much when it comeds to the floor because I will Tile them:) 

Skärmavbild 2018-05-29 kl. 07.51.21.png

• Like 1