Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bs617

Can you Change Top/Bottom Layer Fill Pattern (Cura 3.3.1 )

Hello, I am very new to 3D printing (only had a printer for 3 days).  I am using Cura 3.3.1 and while I don't have experience with other slicer's one thing I have noticed from parts I have made from Thingiverse is that the face patterns (top and bottom) are different, and to my eye much less desirable.  What Cura 3.3.1 appears to do is trace the parimeter and then continue that patter until if fills the face, and in many cases the angle at which they come together is a small acute angle sometimes leaving "holes" or gaps.  For example a xyz calibration cube I printed(https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1278865), the Z (top) surface had visible gaps which after the print I confirmed it is actually present in the Cura sliced file. However when looking at others parts it appears the slicer generates the parameter and then fills in a continuous back and forth motion or what looks like a cross-hatch (for example the thingiverse linked cube, however it looks maybe under extruded).  Some of the pictures I have seen that use this method is Cura, but older versions, ex 15.  I prefer this look as I think it looks cleaner.  That being said is there any way to change this in Cura 3.3.1?  Thanks in advance for your input

cube print Z.jpg

cura.JPG