Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
perplex

Cant remember what the setting is called

i believe there is a setting where you can add a full layer every xxx layers

so say you ahve 20% infill, it prints the bottom layer, then does infill, then say 50 layers in, it will print another bottom layer

i believe i saw this setting, but i cant remember what it is called.

any help?

It's possible to do this if you add a cuboid stl file that envelops these layers where you want a different infill setting.  but if you want to do this more than 3 or so times it starts to get to be a lot of work to create and position all these cuboids.

14 hours ago, obewan said:

I dont think his is in Cura,

In slic3r it is called 'solid layer every'

ah, maybe thats it, i must of seen it when seeing what slicer i like

7 hours ago, gr5 said:

It's possible to do this if you add a cuboid stl file that envelops these layers where you want a different infill setting.  but if you want to do this more than 3 or so times it starts to get to be a lot of work to create and position all these cuboids.

yea, it must of been a slic3r setting