Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
carmamir

Weird problem with printing of fan holder... Prints below existing layers... (hot end is printing IN plastic)

I have kind of weird problem...

http://s22.postimg.org/6s3f9zgpd/Clipboard01.jpg

http://youtu.be/EMRfmumpnzc

You can see on video what is happening when I tries to print:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17768

Default normal settings on newest Cura.

Not sure why, what is wrong as I made few other prints and all are fine (not so tall). I just got Ultimaker Yesterday and not sure what it can be cause of that problem...

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

You need to go into the advanced settings and increase the minimum layer time. The problem is that the plastic is not having time to cool properly before another layer gets laid on top of it, and as a result it deforms.

Also, a couple of things to consider about the design itself - I've never tried that fan adaptor, but it may not fit on your printer - it's an old design that predates the current hot end. If you look at the rendering of it fitted on the printer, you'll see that the hot end shown is different - it doesn't have an exposed tube between the peek insulator, and the aluminum block. So the height of the duct opening may not be correct for your new hot end.

Also, I've heard it said that this design doesn't work well for the stock fans because they can't compress the air enough to handle reducing the output opening to such a relatively small size.

(filament is gluing to hot end every time it's starting or retracting or moving over print, which destroys every print

Sounds like something is wrong with your nozzle - maybe some gunk on the tip or maybe it got damaged. I'd look at it with a loupe. Or reading glasses. Or a microscope.