Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Tonydacrow

Dual Extruder Z-axis problems w/ Cura

Hello all and thank you for welcoming me into the fold. Brand new member here with vexing problem.

I have a newly installed kraken hotend (4 extruders, but currently running only 2) sliced in Cura. When I try to print a dual extruded print, the machine prints fine for extruder No. 1. When it comes time for extruder No. 2, the bed drops about 20-25mm and extruder No. 2 prints in mid-air. When I start with extruder No. 2, it prints fine and when it comes time to switch to nozzel No. 1, the bed tries to lift 20-25mm, crashing the nozzles into the bed. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Any ideas what's causing this? I don't see any machine settings in cura to compensate for z-axis on dual extruders.

Thanks in advance for your help and especially for welcoming me to your forum!

Tonydacrow

Edited by Tonydacrow

Just solved my own problem. (What a goof!) For some reason I modified the G-code in the system file for my machine and had the 2nd extruder starting with a -20mm, Z-height. 

Hope my mistake is a lesson to someone, and thanks again for welcoming me in to this forum!

Tonydacrow