Raft texture on model?

sinking

Posted · Raft texture on model?

Well there is a feature called fuzzy skin.  You can enable fuzzy skin only on the bottom few layers if you want.  fuzzy skin is very cool.  If you set the values very small it is a subtle fuzz and yet can still hide layer lines.

Other than that I guess you would have to use the raft feature.

Thanks - I'll experiment with that. May not be exactly what I'm looking for, but worth a shot.

I'd love to replicate the same bottom texture that a raft has. I suspect trying to model it will cause the slicer a fair amount of grief. I guess the other option is to graft the code from the bottom couple of raft layers.

What I'm trying to recreate is the same texture that the bottom of the raft has. I would love that on the bottom of my model. That is, the surface of the raft that touches the build plate, which has a fairly coarse texture to it.

From the little observation that I've made, layer 1 is lines that are close, but not touching.

I'll try to grab some pictures a little later to show.

Ok, here's a picture. The left-hand side of the picture is the texture on the base of a raft. On the right is a typical bottom layer texture. I want the raft one on my model IMG_6768.thumb.JPG.153be74e825dadb51a8e6bdf060cd052.JPG?

Can you set line spacing on the top/skin layer to somehow NOT be complete?

I can't see any options to do that. Has anyone seen that?

0 Top Layers I think will.... 

image.thumb.png.438425da63636f5afe48c41eb6fb4451.png

I'd add a cube that tweaks infill settings (block supports), have it just shy of the top, with more sane infill settings so as not to waste material.

Then no top layers and a high "infill". Or actually, use "gradual" infill, >4 steps, small distance so the last 4 mm goes from 10->20->40->80% infill.