C4C's take on the Ultimaker S5

C4C

Posted (edited) · C4C's take on the Ultimaker S5
On 6/29/2018 at 4:57 AM, SandervG said:

@starbuck and @C4C, I'm curious to hear how the Ultimaker S5 works for you! ? Care to share some of your feedback in a new thread?

Great printer. Very happy. Thank you ?

For background. This is my first 3D printer. I have maybe 4 to 5 hours of real world exposure to 3D printing from one of the old TechShops (Chandler, Arizona), but sort of got hooked on the concept back then. This is the first chance I've had to 'jump back into the water'.

When I first got the S5, I printed out a few parts found online using the Ulitmaker filament materials and associated settings. Those turned out great, or I should say turned out great after I learned the value of support materials! 

I'm currently messing out with some non-Ultimaker PETG filament and trying to dial in the settings. So much too learn but having a blast. I've attached a picture of some small pieces I've printed during my initial PETG testing.

Thanks for the great product. If someone could find a way to 'implant/upload' an expert level of knowledge for Fusion 360 and Cura into my head (think Matrix), life would be PERFECT!

Also, if someone could find a way for PLA to survive in my car during the Arizona summer ... Mr. Earphone Holder Guy will never be the same =(

Thanks!
Don

P.S.  (Sorry missed the new thread part!)

IMG_20180630_132604.jpg

Edited by C4C
  • Like 2

Posted · C4C's take on the Ultimaker S5

No problem, we can fix that afterwards ?

On 6/30/2018 at 10:43 PM, C4C said:

So much too learn but having a blast.

Great! What are the type of things you are learning? Is there anything we could provide to help?

I asked around in our dev team, but injecting Fusion 360 knowledge directly into your brain is not stable yet. The closest we're getting towards manipulating brains is through marketing so far ?

What are you using the Ultimaker S5 for? For personal projects or for work / job related?

For heat resistance, you could check out CPE+ or PC. They should be able to withstand temperatures of around 110Cº. 

If there is anything you want to share regarding your Ultimaker S5, I would be happy to hear it! ?

On 6/30/2018 at 4:43 PM, C4C said:

So much too learn but having a blast.

I know!! More than a year and a half later, I am still learning and still having a blast! 'Techgasm' would be the term I would apply here ?

Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing more of your work. One of the best thins is being able to use so many outside sources as you see fit and not being tied to just the product line.

The world is your oyster, to expand the phrase.....here, we get to print our own oysters as big and nifty as we like ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

I know!! More than a year and a half later, I am still learning and still having a blast! 'Techgasm' would be the term I would apply here ?

Oh that is funny.  Just under a million years ago, when we programmers wore pocket protectors for real and not ironic value,  and used punched cards, debugging code was a life threatening emergency. Sleep became elusive.  Coffee became a measurable component of blood.  The term we used back then when a program finally ran without the tape drives (remember them) stalling or the card reader spitting up was 'algorasm'.  

I would say this is a cycle, but more like a spiral upwards.....

J

• Like 2