Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
shiver

Any way to use Skirt AND Brim at the same time?

Hey

Love the way Cura slices, rarely use Slic3r anymore.

1 thing though in the newest Mac version, is there a way to have it reverse the way it draws the brim? ie outside line first to inside line last?

Problem is priming the extruder, the first line is inside and doesn't draw the entire line since it doesn't have enough flow, therefore object won't fully stick to the brim.

thanks!

all the best,

Anthony

Ah yes, someone else was asking about that recently. I'd assumed that it started from the outside in, for precisely this reason - to work as a brim, it needs to be extruding flawlessly by the time it prints the bit next to the object. I don't think there's any way to configure this. It definitely seems like a bug to me... I'll file a ticket against Cura.

Someone recently printed several different objects in cura 13.06.X (not sure which version) and cura printed every other object opposite order. In other words one would print brim outer to inner, then the next inner to outer, and then back again.

I think there is a bug but I don't know the details. I suspect it's an intermittent thing that has to do with the shape of your object or something. I think Daid knows about this and will hopefully fix soon.

Thanks for the replies! Yes I'm sure it's from inside out as I watch every print start.

Yesterday though, I printed a very small washer type item and it went from the outside in that time.

I tried using a G-Code before printing to move the head 15mm off the bed THEN extrude plastic just before the print but it's not perfect still doesn't work every time and makes a bit of a mess.

Thanks for checking into that it would be perfect if it would draw from the outside every time!

A