TMicke

UM2+ What materials does it really print?

Posted · UM2+ What materials does it really print?

I'm a bit confused, on Ultimakers site it is stated regarding UM2+:

Optimized for:PLA, ABS, CPE, CPE+, PC, Nylon, TPU 95A

But as I can understand by reading here on this supreme UM forum the TFM Isolator Coupler cant handle more than 240°C.

Some of the above mentioned filament types seems to be needing well over 240°C.

Can someone tell me more about this.

Posted (edited) · UM2+ What materials does it really print?

The TFM should be fine with the print temperature of the UM materials. However, there is not a sharp line in terms of degradation of the Teflon. The more you print high temp materials, the faster it will degrade. But you can always just replace it and continue printing - the TFM coupler is a consumable.

If you want to print regularly at high temps, I would recommend the I2K isolator from 3DSolex in addition to the TFM (or the TF2K combination from 3DSolex which is TFN+I2K).

Edited by Dim3nsioneer
  • Thanks 1

Oh, thats a relief ? 

I get what you said about no line, but say I print at 260°, what printing time is resonable to expect, 2 hours or a 1000 hours?

How do I know when the TFM coupler is ready for change, what signs are I'm looking for?

I would say a few hundred hours... typical first sign is underextrusion, first visibly on the infill, later also as a tiny gap between wall perimeters.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

If you want to print regularly at high temps, I would recommend the I2K isolator from 3DSolex in addition to the TFM (or the TF2K combination from 3DSolex which is TFN+I2K).

565419315_Skrmavbild2018-07-22kl_12_11_52.thumb.png.dc71dc6fa48b83bc111fc85b61879477.png

? Thanks!