Inventor files one tenth the size.

joetech74

Posted (edited) · Inventor files one tenth the size.

I just upgraded to Cura 3.4 but I was having the same problem with 3.1  I had been using Inventor 2016 to make my 3D models and exporting .stl files.  I remember I had this problem before and it was a simple checkbox or something like that but that was 3 years ago and I don't remember what it was or where to find it.  When I model something in Inventor(3 years ago in 2016 and fixed it) now the same thing is happening in the 2019 version of Inventor I just updated to. 

No matter whether I use inch or mm the .stl comes in one tenth the size 25.4 mm ( or 1 inch)  is 2.5 mm in Cura 3.1 or 3.4.  I recall there was a very simple fix but I can't recall what it was.  And no it was not make everything 10 times bigger. 

The fix was in Inventor as I recall because the same thing happened in Ideamaker and other 3D slicers. 

Edited by joetech74

Posted · Inventor files one tenth the size.

When you export from inventor look at  options , most likely it exports as centimeters even though your model is in mm.

Was surprised to see this first time printing from inventor too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Inventor files one tenth the size.

At least it was not an export from Revit which uses Imperial measurement of 1' (12"). That would have made it really, really tiny ?

Edited by kmanstudios