Values in saved profiles not (always) working

Smithy

Posted · Values in saved profiles not (always) working

Hi

I created a profile with some settings and saved it in Cura (latest version). But when I select this profile not all settings are set. I think the reason is, that the values which are missing, are values which are "calculated" ones and I assume that therefore the value is not saved in the profile.

For example I set "Initial Layer Horizontal Expansion" to -0.25, saved it in a new profile. But this value is missing in the profile and it seems that it is not saved.

Is that something I have to live with it or is there any workaround?

If not, how do you handle such things? I want to have this value always, in every print (because of the "Elephant foot") but now I have to remember every time to set in manually.

Thanks!

BR Christian 

Thanks, I will repeat the steps in Cura, save profile, load a default one, change to the custom one, that you hopefully, see something in the log.

Hope I can do it tomorrow and come back to you.

Thanks!

@nallath Please find attached my zipped Cura log.

Today 15.8. I tried again a custom profile with some settings, Speed, Line Width, but they are not saved or they are saved but not restored after selecting the custom profile.

cura.log.zip

I don't see anything weird in the logs at first glance. Could you also share a project file of your setup?

I just installed Cura on another computer and here it seems to work after a short test. So maybe there is something wrong with my installation. I will try to remove everything and reinstall it, maybe it helps.

The steps I try to test is easy:

1. Open Cura
    2. Select a default profile (Normal)
    3. Change the value for "Initial Layer Horizontal Expansion" to -0.25
    4. Save with "Create profile from current settings"
    5. Select again a default profile - the setting should now 0 again -> OK
    6. Select the previous saved custom profile - setting should now again -0.25, but it isn't 

But let me check the reinstallation, maybe there is something wrong.

Update:

At home on my Macbook it was still the same, also after deleting all Cura related directories and reinstall. But after playing around with the profiles, I got an error message from Cura that something is wrong with the profiles and that I should reset to factory defaults. I did it and retested the custom profiles and now it seems to work.

So whatever happened and why the reinstall was not successfully, now it is working! I assume that I have missed maybe some parts of the previous installation and the "reset" fixed it.