EUMAKERS PLA

Link

Posted · EUMAKERS PLA

Has anyone tried the EUMAKERS PLA ?, I got a roll to try and it prints really well. Only concern is it is has a rough surface to it, a bit like wood fill filament. I don’t think it the long term it will be great for the Bowden tube as it def has more friction in that compared to normal other brands PLA. They have an amazing choice of colours and finishes too

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · EUMAKERS PLA

Agreed, I like the colours but won’t be buying more, it’s v rough for running through the Bowden and as you say it’s brittle and tend around snap as it comes so tightly wound on a small diameter spool 

Posted · EUMAKERS PLA

I have printed with several PLA colors from Eumakers and I don't find prints to be brittle. Rather they feel like regular PLA prints.

Only thing keeping me from ordering there are the crazy high shipping costs. I had hoped to finally find a replacement for Faberdashery... ?

Posted · EUMAKERS PLA

Maybe somewhat OT but I never really succeeded with eu makers PLA with my previous printer. Some colors worked ok at .1mm and at low speeds like 30mm/s. Thicker layers or faster printing never worked for me, suggesting that higher temp would do it but I had no luck with raising the temp. 

Come to think about it now when @Link said that the surface of filament was rough, thats how I remember it too and it is very likely that my problem was due to the friction in the bowden tube. To bad that printer burned up, it would’ve been interesting to explored further. 

I also thought it was a shame cus they had some really nice colors. 

Posted · EUMAKERS PLA

Yes it’s a real shame. I contacted EUMAKERS and they said the roughness was by design and to help extruder traction. But I won’t be using it, as an experiment I removed my Bowden tube and pushed the EUMAKERS PLA through the Bowden and it took way way more force than regular PLA. Def not something I would want over the longer term. As mentioned it’s a shame as the colour choice is really good. Also their spoils are a small diameter so the inner most winds of filament gave to be stretched loads to be straightened out when entering the extruder. 

Posted · EUMAKERS PLA
    15 minutes ago, Link said:

the colour choice is really good

Check Colorfabb PLA, they have tons of colors on stock and you can order every RAL color you like.