different printcores

Posted · different printcores

I tried to modify the gcode of a print, to change the printcore at some point in the print.

I sliced with AA.8 printcore first an at a hight of .2 eachlayer.

Then I used a pligin to change the filament at layer 35. which was 7mm hight.

Then I edited the gcode and cut everything after the plugin indication.

Then I sliced everything with .25 Printcore and layers of .05mm placed a plugin to stop to change material at layer 140 or 7mm.

Edited the gcode and cut away all up to the plugin indication.

Copied what was left and past it at the beginning of the other print.

I tried it but it didn't work.

Here is the file.

UM3E_PRINT_cORE_cHANGE_parte Fin Conbinado AyB _8 18-8-15.gcode

Posted · different printcores

The E values don’t match up if you don’t adjust them. You can do that by adding an G92 E(e-value) between the two parts. The e-value would be the last E in the gcode you cut away from the 0.25mm file.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 22 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies