Skirt height

Mofroggy

Posted · Skirt height

For some reason, my "skirt" continues to print as high as the overall height of my total print!!!!

It has only done this for the last 2 prints, I guess I have done something wrong recently.  Please be gentle, I am 73 years old and just starting with Cura,

Thanks,

Joe

Posted · Skirt height

You know to check your part in layer view first before printing, right?

Well the best thing to do is save your project to a .project.3mf file and post it on this forum or post it somewhere else with a link to where the file resides so we can see your model and your settings all at once.

Or you could post lots of pictures of the model in normal view and in layer view as well.  I'm thinking there is something wrong with your model possibly?  I don't know - there are so many settings in cura!

Posted · Skirt height

OK I think I got a picture of what is happening.  It is doing it on the 3rd print tonight too.  Draft shield is NOT checked!  Be merciful, I am going on 74 years old:>)

skirt.JPG

Posted · Skirt height

Hey, and by the way, thanks for your help.  Joe

I got no ideas right now.  So do this - do "file" "save project".  It will save a .project.3mf file and then post it here on this forum or somewhere else so I can take a look at all your settings and so on.

By the way, seeing a photo of the part is not as useful as a screenshot or photo of the cura layer view.  But the project file is perfect as I can look at the layer view myself in my own cura and also see all your settings and your parts and everything.

Posted · Skirt height

This is the 4th print where the "skirt" is following the print all of the way to the top.  It has to be something I have set wrong in CURA.

Joe

Posted · Skirt height

I printed it with one of the "stock" Cura settings and the wall wasn't there so it must be something I have set wrong in the "custom" profile I have compiled for the 3mf I attached above

Thanks,

Joe

Well your attachment didn't work.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PRINT TO DEBUG THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at the part in layer view.  Don't waste time printing something and wait an hour to find out something you can determine in 2 seconds by looking at it in layer view.

Your attachment didn't work but here is what you do - get it to fail again - best by loading the project file (assuming you saved the project).  That will reload all the settings.  Then confirm that it is  printing the "tall skirt".  

If so then click on "custom" and click on the star to the right where it says "profile" (this is above all the settings).  This will pop up a dialog that shows all your settings that differ from defaults.  If you are on for example the "fine 0.1" profile then locate that on the left pane of this new dialog and click on it.  Then on the right side it will show some of the settings that aren't default - you can tell because they are in italic and have a value in the "current" column.  Then click on the "extruder" or "extruder 1" tab (whatever it says) and you will see more italic settings with a value in the "current" column.  Figure out which one of those overrides you set that created the "tall brim" by changing them back to defaults, one at a time until the "tall brim" goes away.

Posted · Skirt height

Thanks for the info.  I will do that and I appreciate you taking time to help me.  It is members like you that restore my faith in humanity.  I got "flamed" a couple of times on some other unnamed forums for asking  questions that were pretty simple but at the time I was so new I didn't even know how to search for answers on the forums because I didn't know the nomenclature. About 90% of the people that responded to my questions were patient and understanding but 10% (who had forgotten that they were newbies at one time) gave me a hard time for not doing a search. My uncle Joe told me one time that one of the things you could count on in life it that "that there are a lot more horses asses than there are horses"

I hope you have a great  long weekend.

Joe