UM S5 WiFi menu is not active!

ThoDo

Posted (edited) · UM S5 WiFi menu is not active!

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can not start the WIFI setup because it is not active (grey).

Although no LAN cable is connected, I am not able to unactivate ethernet. If try it, it reactivates anytime.

What is wrong with the WiFi setup? Can that be that UM S5 printers in Germany are delivered without wifi card?

Because we have some internal restictions in our company I have to connect via WiFi instead of LAN.

USB is also no option, because our files on USB-sticks are encrypted.

Best regards

Thomas

Edited by ThoDo

Firmware is 5.0.19 20180622. So it seems OK.

I started the Cura Connect reset in the menu and the factory reset, but the menu entry for WiFi setup is still greyed out.

?

Edited by ThoDo

Posted · UM S5 WiFi menu is not active!

in israel we have the wifi card removed so it's all grayed out. i called the official retailer and they said they remove the wifi card because it's blocking some military bands.

maybe it's the same in germany?

@bidav Not sure this is the real reason; I found this Haaretz article: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/business/.premium-in-israel-if-its-wireless-you-need-a-permit-1.5438008

However, devices in Germany certainly have the WiFi module installed. If it is not working something is wrong and the reseller should be contacted.

edit: n.b. the Ultimaker WiFi module only operates in the 2.4GHz band and not in the 5GHz band.

Edited by Dim3nsioneer

Thank you for your reply.

We will get a 2nd printer during the next days. So I'll see how this printer behaves.

After that I'll decide about the next steps. I'll keep you informed.

We do have wifi in every home and smartphone but for some reason s5 is not allowed to be sold here with the wifi module 

Maybe I've got a Israel-printer here in Germany ;-)