Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ninja_zx11

How to print top layer with fine resolution?

Hi, My top layer looks much coarser than the brim.Its visible in the layer view and also on the part too.I am attaching the picture and my cura project file.Please guide me to the settings that affect top layer resolution.My brim looks much smoother,without any fine gaps but my part's top layer looks coarser and has fine gaps.

Please guide.Thanks

1.jpg

CCR10_onepiece2.curaproject.3mf

You are probably underextruding.  The bottom layer, including the brim, is typically squished the most (levelled such that it squishes the bottom layer the most).  So if higher layers have fine gaps then your printer is most likely underextruding although  a photo would help.  I doubt the problem is related to cura.

Try raising the temp by 10C and also cutting the speed in half to see if that helps.  If it does then you know for sure it was underextruding.  There are many causes for underextrusion - if we are sure that is the problem then tell me what kind of printer you have so I can give you some hints.  Please post a photo of the part and let us know if my suggestion (half speed) helps.

I printed again with using enclosure(enclosure temp was 36 deg) ,raised the nozzle temp by 10 deg and part came out much better than last time. I noticed two problems:

1)There is a fine gap on the top layer.I have attached the picture where i compared with the cura layer view.

2)Part got warped from the bottom (as shown in the 3rd picture)but top is perfectly flat.Absolutely no warpage on the top.Could it be due to the bed temp too high?I heated the bed to 105 deg.

My printer is ender3 and used this ASA filament.I have also attached my cura project file i used.

cura.png

IMAG1520.jpg

IMAG1521.jpg

IMAG1522.jpg

CCR10_onepiece2.curaproject.3mf

Edited by ninja_zx11