HELPPPP! UM2E+ abnormal error

dennispo

Posted · HELPPPP! UM2E+ abnormal error

Hi Everyone 
My friend Alex, stuck with the problem for a few days. 

Everytime he insert to print, it shows on screen just like the figure below. 

pic1_20181023150617.thumb.jpg.99cac720bfd078bf98cd9d1048590f1f.jpg

We have tried and test so many times. It turns out:  
1.Definitely the printer is UM2E+, he choose the right version in Cura, and all things are updated both hardware&software. 
2.The same STL file has sliced on my Cura and it works okay. That means the file is nothing wrong. 
3.The same STL file has sliced on my Cura and he took it to print but failed. That means his printer is nothing wrong. 
4.The Question is, anything sliced from his Cura, couldn’t be printed. But we have compared my settings and his setting, turning out nothing different. 

By the way, he print by SD card all the time.

And the gcode prtscr I attach below. The left is mine, successful one. The right is his, failed one.

We definitely have no changed any settings but default. 

pic2_20181023150639.thumb.png.a5fdf16b2fde9cdebc01fb8f7d403485.png
Do you guys have any idea of it? 

There seems to be an offset in Cura. When I compare the first line with G0 then the working printer is send to X103.531, Y98.692 and in the bad file to X-8.151, Y-3.882. That is 110 mm offset in X and 100 mm in Y. The printer is told to print outside the printbed. So there must be a change in the Cura settings. If you can not find the error, try to uninstall Cura, erase everything and reinstall.

2 hours ago, dennispo said:

We definitely have no changed any settings but default. 

one idea:

Take a look at the machine settings for the selected printer in Cura. Carefully compare these settings too.

Especially the option "Origin at center" (or "Machine Center is Zero" - the labeling depends on the exact Cura version...)

Still no settings changed?

21 hours ago, rien1959 said:

There seems to be an offset in Cura. When I compare the first line with G0 then the working printer is send to X103.531, Y98.692 and in the bad file to X-8.151, Y-3.882. That is 110 mm offset in X and 100 mm in Y. The printer is told to print outside the printbed. So there must be a change in the Cura settings. If you can not find the error, try to uninstall Cura, erase everything and reinstall.

Hi, I have noticed it but he sliced by a brand new Cura, just installed. None of settings are changed. 

Thank you for your guys advice. 

The situation is he has changed 6 pcs of PC, 3 of them are Win7 and 3 of them are Win10. 

Only one of them can slice successfully. 

So I wonder if the 3.5.1 Cura has a bug.  

Anyway, still don't know what's going on and I am looking forward to more ideas. 

Thanks again. 

Try Cura 3.4 and see if the problem is solved. Cura 3.5 and 3.5.1 gives a lot of trouble on my computers.

Thanks you guys, problem been solved after 7 kinds of computers. It might be due to something compatible.