Setting Cura for a Custom Delta

Posted · Setting Cura for a Custom Delta

Hello to all the community! I am new here :)

I have a Colido D1315 PLA 3d printer (it's a Delta) and I have always used the related software for slicing and 3d printing.
Overall the prints are OK, the 3d printer is well calibrated.
But since I have some issues with the quality of the printing, and even trying different settings did not help, I decide to give a try with another Slicer and so I chose Ultimaker Cura...

Now, Cura doesn't have automatic settings for my 3d printer... But I can add it as Custom.
The 3d printer is a Delta, I had set the parameters related to volume and area, the filament diameter 1.75 and the nozzle (0.4)

As Gcode Flavor I tried the Marlin and the Griffin ( but I don't know how much impact they can have)

I tried to do a first print, with the Malrlin flavor, and the print did not come out well, I stopped it at midprint because the model was ruined...
With the Griffin Gcode it went better, the object was printed but the quality was poor (lots of perimeters bubble)

Any suggestions on the settings? Do I have to set some other things?
It the Gcode Flavor so relevant to the quality of the 3d printed object?

I'am attaching some screenshot of the custom 3d printer settings.

image.thumb.png.1163d5470045c63b21b39a047bc6f9be.png

image.png

• 3 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies