studioAdhoc

UM3E _ build plate far away from printheads (10cm)

Posted · UM3E _ build plate far away from printheads (10cm)

Hello, I'm coming up to you about an issue I have with a UM3E that I tried to use after few months of inactivity.

I installed the last firmware normally via the printer but, when I wanted to start a print, the UM3E failed during auto levelling step.

Actually, the build plate stops at 10 centimeters from printheads, even if I try to level it manually.

I tried every "normal" ways to solve the problem, user reboot, factory reboot, second setup of the firmware, via USB this time… nothing changed.

The printer acts as if it was an UM3 not Extended, but it is… Every print I launch is considered too big for the printer, even the smallest thing. Maybe there is a conflict between Cura, where the printer is correctly set, and the firmware of the printer, set on the UM3 height instead of UM3E height.

I really don't know how to check in the firmware and if it is possible to fix my UM3E…

Please, help ! 

DSCF7651.JPG.bf6cd54079fe784cee919d36c9cb0548.JPG

Build plate "raised"

DSCF7652.JPG.91a4193da8e5fd093dfc61a7c3a4e682.JPG

Posted · UM3E _ build plate far away from printheads (10cm)

Try reinstalling the firmware. If that does not help, please try a factory reset.