NBull

Help/advise on a layer shift problem.

Posted · Help/advise on a layer shift problem.

Hi i need some help/advise on a layer shift problem.

I have a new (4-5 month) UMS5 it's not running prints every week so print time on it have ben minimal. and i'm really not happy with the print quality. to me it looks like the x/y ases do shift or are not precise.

Sometimes, same print can first come out good and then next time be really bade. so its not consistent.

But also showed that it can make the quality.

1.thumb.jpg.79acbcb3e8bfac754360989a254339b0.jpg2.thumb.jpg.cdbd8a40508fa228d829a3404ebcf8e5.jpg

I found a thread on the forum *1 that have a similar problem.
So i began to check the belts and axles. The belts look straight and fine. but to be honest I do not quite know what to look for!
if i move the head so the black plastic part is at center of the axes i can move the belt down approximately 1cm befor theres resistance. so its more like a base string then a guitar, is that okay?

Im not that comfortable, just beginning to screwing on a "new" machine. it should not already be necessary. But is this a normal thing that has to be screwed tighten occasionally, or do i need to send it ind. 

When inspecting the belts i noticed that mostly all the screws on the left side have ben over torque (the screw have some degree of deformity), it even looks like there's a brokken piece in one of the screws holding the motor. 

0.thumb.jpg.1c5fadfd1302c4665aa27a0eae3ee9cf.jpg

Cura Profile if needed: NBull.curaprofile short description it runs slow