The mystical retraction and traveling

heinzel

Posted · The mystical retraction and traveling

Hi togehther,

1. Unwanted lines:
=> I wonder how I can make Cura 3.6.0 not always print unwanted lines in the print object on the first layer.
Of course I activated Retraction and Z Hop - but somehow the Cura does not seem to care.
Below is an example.

These arrows marked with the red are wrong. That's a pure travel. But with full filament.
In the finished print it looks like the second picture.
Attached also pics, how my settings look like.

2. Why is Cura only traveling across printed areas?

It seems like this is only 3.6.0 - but I'm not sure.

E. g. to travel from top right to bottom right, Cura drives extra over the middle left. Exactly over allready printed areas. This is unnecessary and not desirable.

=> How can I turn this off?

Also Z Hop did not work. I am pretty sure, that this behavior was earlier not.

Regards,

Hein

Layer1 travel line.jpg

Layer one unwanted Lines finished object.jpg

2018-11-22 18_07_21-Window.png

2018-11-22 18_07_53-Window.png

2018-11-22 18_08_26-Window.png

did this work? I have the same issue. it's super annoying. Although i have 4.1 and zhop creates a corrupt command in the gcode so i cant use it until they fix it. This is the only thing different with my settings. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, shakeNbake444 said:

Although i have 4.1 and zhop creates a corrupt command in the gcode so i cant use it until they fix it.

See this thread, it has a workaround for that bug: 

7 hours ago, johnse said:

See this thread, it has a workaround for that bug: 

Thank you! works again!