Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Size does not fit

The_Spirit

Posted · Size does not fit

Hi.

We have a Ultimaker S5 and i did a calibration cube of 20x20x20.

The actual size is 20.2x20.2x19.5

Is there any options available to calibrate the E-Steps for correcting X and Y?

And how can i calibrate the z height? I see an elephant foot which i think is the problem for the z error of 0.5mm.

Thanks,

Andreas

Keep in mind that the first layer will normally extruded with more material at default with Cura. For me mostly I reduce the percent value from 120% to 105% So I do not need to change any E-Steps to reduce elephant foot

I wouldn't recommend to alter the Esteps. Since we work with a bowden tube I can imagine that the effects may not be immediately visible, and may even last longer than after your first layer and I think you don't want to add under extrusion to your print, right? If you have elephant feet I would first suggest to reduce initial horizontal expansion if your model allows it. Perhaps set it to -0,5mm

Regarding other optimizations, can you try to adjust your profile accordingly:
    Line width:
    Make the line width equal to the nozzle diameter
    Speed settings:
    Equalise all print speed settings (i.e. infill, outer wall, inner wall, top/bottom) (good starting point would be 40mm/s)
    Jerk settings:
    Set all jerk settings (infill, outer wall, inner wall, top/bottom) to 20 mm/s

Good luck!