UMS5 IP adress keeps changing

MichielJacobi

Posted · UMS5 IP adress keeps changing

Hi all, 

I've been working with two S5 for a while now. Something that I cannot fix is the fact that the IP address of the printers is changing constantly, which means that I cannot send prints over the network or monitor them. It is not a huge inconvenience but it would be nice if this works!

How can I fix this?

Regards, 

Michiel

Do you have access to your DHCP server configuration? (For home setups, this would typically be the router configuration page). If so, you can find out the MAC addresses of your printers, and then reserve a specific IP address  for each printer. 

1 minute ago, MichielJacobi said:

@P3D , nope. I use the printers for work and my company is quite large so we have a separate IT department. Do you think I can adress this question to them?

Yes, ask them if they can do this.

4 minutes ago, MichielJacobi said:

@P3D , nope. I use the printers for work and my company is quite large so we have a separate IT department. Do you think I can adress this question to them?

The MAC addresses are displayed under network settings, right?

Yes, IT should be able to do this easily.  Tell them you want DHCP to issue a static address or at least make the "lease" longer - say 1 year before the address changes.  Yes the MAC address is in the network settings and it's also repeated in there kind of in a hidden way on the same display screen that shows the MAC address (if you aren't able to get an IP address the MAC address isn't shown but it's still there in one of the other parameters).

• Like 1